If you missed the first ever Golden State of Cocktails industry conference, you missed a great event! In a packed session, I discussed the basics of alcohol beverage law with brand owners, bartenders and bar owners in Legal 101 with Malkin Law. For a full schedule of presentations visit:
During the session, we reviewed some basics of alcohol beverage law in the form of a pop quiz. Some of the questions discussed are below. If you don’t know the answers to all of these, please reach out to me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1) What does “tied house” mean?
2) What is a “slotting fee”?
3) I am a brand owner, I can give free cases of alcohol to a retailer by dropping five cases off during a sales call, right? [True/False]
4) As a supplier, I can give a retailer a bottle of a brand it hasn’t ordered before so the retailer can taste it and decide whether it wants to place an order. [True/False]
5) As a supplier, I can provide consumer specialty items to retailers in CA. [True/False]